Doubting myself has always been a pivotal point… I mean, I couldn’t stop doubting myself for the slightest time in my life.
If and when I create something, people would stop to ”WOW”, even ask me, ”Did you make that?”
I’d hesitate with the answer so much, then ask, ”Is it any good?” And the one who asked the question would be like, ”Are you kidding me?”.
For me to stop doubting I had to change the way I think or believe about my creations:
1. I had to stop doubting
2. I kept believing I was good.
3. I perfected everything as I went because nothing’s always perfect no matter what.
4. I stopped criticising myself beyond critical, hahaha.
5. I gave myself inner strength after every creation, ”You can improve tomorrow but you have done a good job”.
I want you to develop a mindset that says you’re able and can.
Because in the mind happens everything and ends everything.
With the right mindset, you can achieve anything you ever wanted and access to anything you have desired.
Don’t go for perfection, because that, is another reason to remain stuck in the procrastination phase. And we know what procrastination can do.
That’s why involving yourself in activities which help you re-focus is a first step to getting the best, right mindset.
- Talking Therapy
- Mind positive talking
- Flex your mind exercises. . . I mean, re-fix those inner thoughts.
- Get in-tune with yourself soo much you know the desires of your heart.
- Get into the habit of reading affirmations.
- Find for yourself motivational quotes, inspiring quotes that get you in the mood.
- Get into podcasting… listen to uplifting speakers.
- Find a mentor who either lives the life you want, desire or plan to. Or one who resonates with you, or has been through what you have been through.
I emphasise on the mentor because it’s very important that their characteristics you see in yourself. Which need to be brought out. Or else, you risk stagnating and falling back.
If you want to know more
info: I have mindset worksheets, courses and stickers to help you believe in your strengths.
EMAIL: GERTRUDE. DOT AKINYI AT GMAIL DOT COM
Build a strong mental system that nothing fazes you.
Always turn those I cannot into I can. Remind yourself that, you are capable, You can do it. Who else will do better than you?
Get these mindset shift quotes as wall hanging, bullet journal decor, stickers, decals so you remind yourself of how important the mind is to achieving what you want.